* Irritatingly long post ahead!



This will be my last post for the year. Come December, I begin to have a sense of purpose in life - Wind up stuff I intended to do this year! :-) All the grandiose plans I would have made in the past 1 year will finally get my undivided attention now !! The unfinished paintings, unread books, begging for my books (very daunting task this), a new time-consuming interest, playing Secret-Santa in office (*eyes rolling as I am convinced now that I'm aging backwards) ... and so on and so forth. I know I can do all of these in January and the subsequent months, but there's a secret thrill in accomplishing pending tasks.
Law of blogging states that one must give away the awards one has won. Not too sure even now whether I deserve them awards ; yet I abide since I feel selfish not doing so. I have also picked a post from every blog I read and linked it here. Click on their name to read.
## Addicting Blog Award

1. Reflections
4. The New Sixty
5. The compulsive rantings of a nobody
*********************************************************************
5. The compulsive rantings of a nobody
*********************************************************************
## Butterfly Award
1. Just a Mother of Two (link to follow later)
2. Shalom
3. Agnes
*********************************************************************
## Best Blogger

1. Shruti
2. Shruti (MM)
4. Insignia
*********************************************************************
## I Love your blog

1. Mohan
*********************************************************************
For my close friends/family/colleagues who don't blog, yet read all my posts (not always under pressure), I've already awarded some of you in the past. So I'm racking my brains for fresh innovative ideas. Shanti Sagar masala dosa ? Corner House ice-cream ? My coconut burfi ? An autograph ? ;-) What would you like ?
I honestly didn't think I'd blog beyond a dozen posts so lets just say I amaze myself at times. I took to blogging solely to try my hand at writing (read my first post) and that stays. I used to maintain a diary (ever since I learnt to read/write) and update quite regularly until my brother discovered all its various 'hiding places' in my room :-X To lighten up, let me share --
Highlight of the year - Obviously there were many but I like to keep things impersonal. Recently, I learnt am still learning to make portraits and made one of my parents. I, for one, was simply thrilled it resembled them ;-)
Flip side of the year - Again more than I would have liked. But lets stick to the current topic. I also dabbled in a self-portrait (a pencil sketch). Disaster! I made myself look 15+ years older. Sob! :'( So that portrait will see the light of the day only when I am actually in my forties or fifties !!! :-P
Flip side of the year - Again more than I would have liked. But lets stick to the current topic. I also dabbled in a self-portrait (a pencil sketch). Disaster! I made myself look 15+ years older. Sob! :'( So that portrait will see the light of the day only when I am actually in my forties or fifties !!! :-P
Speaking about portraits, don't miss Preeti Shenoy's work here and here. Her portraits inspire me. :-)
My post nears its end (yea, at long last!). Like this year. Recently, my best friend surprised me with a book. Titled 'A Good Year - everything matures eventually' (also a movie starring Russell Crowe) :-) I am certainly not a 'thing' and I hope it applies to situations also, but anyhow it does sum up my year beautifully !!
My resolution for the new year is to start blogging in Tamil !!! ;-) Please send in your best wishes and 'Learn Tamil in 30 days'/ 'Tamil for Dummies' books across !! FYI - I can read, write and speak indeed. The sudden fetish is because I am all set to immerse myself in an epic novel "Ponniyin Selvan" . I'm ruing the fact that I have to make do with a translated copy (now you can assess the true extent of my mastery over the language!). I'm warning you, do arm yourselves with a dictionary when I make my grand come-back :-)
*@ Arkansas Patti, Agnes - Tamil is an Indian language.
Thank you for appreciating my 'stuff' and bearing with all my 'nonsense' too.
Happy New Year!!
P.S. @ Bloggers ::: I took the liberty of linking posts I liked without requesting for prior permission as I wanted it to be a surprise. Please don't hesitate to say so in case you want the link removed - No hard feelings. The award is still all yours ! :-)
40 comments:
Wow, thank you so much for the honor. I was very surprised and very pleased. You da best.
I do hope however that you are only going away for the holidays and will be back after the new year.
Thanks also for all the other links so I can read and enjoy.
Also appreciate the footnote. I would have had to Google that.
Have a great holidays and will see you next year.
Oops, Bad Patti, Congrats big time on all your awards. Well deserved and I am glad to know you are so appreciated by others, I know I do.
oohhH!! Thanks for the award my dear Ro!
Yeah even am planning a post tat would sum off all my disasters/cute moments in this one year!
You linked to tat 55F? Why? any spl reasons?
Btw, I want to see your self portrait! Can u send t to me?
Feels great to get so many awards :) Thanks Ro! Congrats to all the other celebrities out here :)
Nice to have known you through blogosphere this year and look forward to get more such interesting stuff next year too! Once again.. thank you so much!
thank you dear for the award!
its an honor...
i understand the iceberg thing....that is a good thing...
Congratulations and thank you so much :-)
(I spent four months in Tamil Nadu by the way:-))
p/s: Happy New Year to you!
Hey .. I would like to take the corner house ice cream award :P..
Thank you so much .. :) .. Yayyy..
And writing in tamil.. sob sob sob :(..
u finished ur blog for this year so soon .. I was expecting more this year .. .. But ok.. I'll wait for more fun reading
Thanks for your award lostworld. And that too "Addicting Blog" award. It is an honor to receive from you.
You are right, a blog is not our personal journal. We just merely express our thoughts.
I am glad you are going to write blogs in Tamil. Best wishes for its success. I am looking forward to read. Tamil is a rich language.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
1. Congratulations for all your awards...you deserve them and lots more! :)
2. Thank you for the honor...I am touched! :)
3. Last post for the year... isn't it too early to say that!!
4. That's a cool thing (rather things) to do, I mean, finishing up all pending stuff!
5. All the very best for your Tamil blog. And all I can speak in this language is "Tamil teriadhu" :D
6. Portraits...amazing talent that is!! Wow! :)
7. I love your expression! It's damn interesting!! :)
Keep Blogging! :)
Cheers! :)
That was a lovely post Rohitha....and it didnt at all seem long:-)).
Congrats on ur awards and thank U for mine. I'm honoured:-))!!!!
Hoping u'll change ur mind & put up ur portrait soon:-D. And starting a tamil blog is WOW indeed. Just a doubt, is spoken and writtten tamil the same??? Coz I face this problem in Malayalam. I spk good mal & self taught myself to read it but I can never completely understand the stuff I read as spoken and written are done differently;-/.
Wishing u the very best for ur tamil blog!!!!!
Once again thank U for the appreciation:-).
Nice post!!!...congrats on all ur well deserved awards...there are still 15 days left for the new year...why such an ealry goodbye...ohhhh may be the novel won't allow you to spend too much time on blogging i guess....
i am wondering...how will i enjoy ur tamil blogs...i donno tamil..
:(...may be u can post on the same topic in english and tamil...so none of ur readers miss out on the new blogs
Thanks a lot dear...I am honored for this award...
enjoy doing your pending stuffs.....and come with more nonsense in january...
I am eagerly waiting to read Tamil post....
Take care and Happy new year
Aryan's Mom
Congratulations and thank you so much for the award. so sweet of you to have linked our posts :)thenks
I can never keep up with my 'finish planned activities for the year' agenda. I end up procrastinating again :P good luck with your plans :)
I've enjoyed reading all your posts and look forward to such amazing posts, next year..
also, glad I gotto know you; here's to more blog bonding :D
Happy new year in advance :)
Thanks you for the lovely award!! n u liked that post ?? :)
such a nice way to wrap things up for this year.
Congratulations on the awards Lostworld. :-)
And yes a big thank you for awarding me with Best Blogger Award. Its an honour to be receiving it. Its encouraging.
You make portraits!!! Thats so nice. I wish I could get the time to take such things up.
You said it right, blog cannot be our personal space. And its best to not keep it personal :-)
And you are going to start writing in Tamil? Well well....wohhooo..Ok, here is what it is. I can speak and read Tamil; but cant write :-( Being my native tongue; I dont know to write it.
But yeah, looking forward to your Tamil posts...
And why are you signing off so early? Is this the last post for this year? Anyways Happy Happy New Year...:-)
Last post of the year !! hmmm .....
Well lets look at it this way , I have something interesting to look forward to next year :-D ..
Been an interesting year ! .. the usual ups & downs , still loving life the way it is ! ...
Hope to catch ya smiling at 2010 soon ! .. ( you know wat i mean )
Wow! What a post :) Loved the mix here :)
Thanks for awarding this bad wife :P
I wud like to see ur parent's portrait .. plssss!
Gud luck with starting the Tamil blog :) Well, cn I come to u for some Tamil lessons .. mine is just manageable ;)
A very happy new year to u too :)
Btw, r u gonna read blogs or nt even that .. wil miss u then :(
Me off on a 10-day break too from this Friday .. glad I won't be missing any posts here :P
Hey thanks soooo much for the award :) :) :) You really made my day by linking my post here !!!! :D :D :D Thanks girlie :) Even I want to see the portraits you made - your parents and yours :) Please send it to me naaa. And last post of the year :( Will miss your posts :( Hope you will atleast read posts. Even I will take tamil classes from you :P I just know poda/podi in tamil. Hope to see you back soon :)
Arkansas Patti - Thank you very much and You are welcome! :-) Oh yeah, I'll be back next year. Brief hiatus to focus on other things you know ;-) thank you once again!! Loved your comment.
Shruthi - Welcome!! You are the undisputed queen of 55-er that's why. I found it hard to pick one! :-) My portrait..well..I'm still not sure if I want to share it. Hee :D
Mohan - Thanks a lot. Oh yes you and your blog deserve it. Its nice knowing you too :-) Good Luck for exams.
Shraddha - You are most welcome! :-) I love your posts. Especially poems. Think you know that.
Agnes - Thank U!! You deserve it. 4 months in TN. Wow :-) nice to hear. I want to hear your experiences. Happy new year to you too.
sonal - I'm glad someone took a pick. Its been a while since I went to CH so lets go ;-)Don't worry, lots more to come next yr. I'll translate my Tamil blogs for you! ;-)thanks for all the encouragement through the year!
SG - The honour/pleasure is all entirely mine! :-) You are honestly looking fwd to reading my Tamil blog.. Now I'm quite worried. If you read my 'Tamizh', you might forget what you know :-D Happy New Year to your family too! Thank You!!!!
Shilpa Garg - Thaaaannnkk You for that wonderful comment!!!!! :-) I love your posts, comments everything - so I am glad to have known you through blog-world!Wrapped up earlier as I've too many things lined up to complete ;-) Whether I manage is a different thing altogether. 'tamil teriadhu' - heeehee :-)
Reflections - Thank YOU Nancy!! You've been a big source of encouragement for amateur bloggers like me! :-) So the honour is mine. You're right- Spoken/Written Tamil is different like Mal. I take ages to read magazine articles and then a few more hours to ponder over what it meant. Usually getting it wrong ;-/
Urmil Amol - thank you so very much! :-) for all the support and the wonderful words. Yes I want to start the novel & finish up other boring stuff. Okie ma`am, I shall translate for u - provided the tamil blog takes birth in the first place.
Aryan's mom - Thanks!! I'm so tickled someone's actually waiting to read my nonsense :-D but not too glad you are eager to read my tamil :-P Happy New Year!
Shruthi - Thanks! So glad to have known you too. That post of yours still makes me laugh. Cheers to blog-bonding :-) thanks for the wishes and a very happy fun-filled new year to you too! Enjoy.
Mindful meanderer - You are welcome Shruti :-) That post of yours was sweet!thanks.
Insignia - Thank you!! The pleasure is all mine since you deserve it :-)Yup my last post - want to finish other things planned. I doubt my Tamil is any better and although the new year hasn't begun, I have a feeling my resolution is going down the drain. Expectations are really sky-high ;-)
Neo - Loved your comment:-) At a loss for words so I'm quoting smthing you'll understand and smile about - "there's no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness". Heeeheee ;-)
Swaram - welcome welcome!! :-) I shall send you an email with a pic of my parents portrait. Vacation time - so nice. enjoy! Oh I will be around reading blogs so never fear. My taking Tamil lessons for you would err.. be like the blind leading the blind :-) happy new year to your family too!
evanescentthoughts - You are mostt welcome Ashwini! :-) You deserve them & more. I shall send you an email with pics of portrait. U can sign up for my Tamil lessons (read my previous replies, specially to Swaram). Oh I will read your posts and will be back in Jan even before you start missing me ;-)
Congratualations for so many awards raining on you !
And thank you for the honour bestowed upon me !
Best of luck for your tamil blog, I would love it if some one starts a blog to help people learn spoken tamil,.
award vaangalio awaaarddnuuu koovi koovi award kuduthirukel :D :D irunthaalum ungaluku peria manasunga..ivlo awardsa!!! :) hey ponniyin selvan padichingsa..wow :) first time reading?? kathai solita?? :D and btw..i got soft copy in tamil..venumna solunga thatti udren..aana neria parts iruku!!
Oh thank you so much!!!! Enjoy catching up with your pending work! Happy New Year to you too....will see you in '10 then :D
Antarman - Thank U!! Happy you liked the award :-) I doubt I would be a good teacher for spoken tamil. But I'm sure there would be blogs/online courses already available.
gils - Nandri. Ponniyin selvan english-le padikerein. 5 volumes irruke.thanks,soft copy no no!
Shalom - Welcome. Happy New Year to you too!! Cya around.
yuck!!! ponniyin selvan englishlaya!! enna koduma ithu!!! ungaluku tamizh padika varathaa :((
sharing is caring
gils - to each his own. didn't want to be too blunt - your expressing 'tamil' usually in english is no less.
sm - ok.
I really enjoyed your blog :)
V - Thank You!!! Welcome to my page. Happy holidays.
Lostworld
i am sure you are finding the world thru' your writings. i am here to wish you a happy New Year. I would read your blogs too. The appearance of of your page, is too good. And congratulations for all your awards.
Loved to read this post, as usual and good thing you pointed me to so many other intersting blogs...Thank you :)
Happy New Year :-)))
chitra - Happy New Year to You too! Welcome here. Thank You for your comment. I hope to see u around. As I did say, your blog is my new fav - one of a kind! :-)
Vidya - Thanks so much!! Happy new year to u and your family.
Agnes - Happieee new year 2010!!!! My best wishes to Geoff and u :-)
Wishing you a very happy and prosperous 2010!!!
Happy new year
Antarman , sm - thank you! happy new year :)
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Anonymous - I'm flattered, thanks!!! :) Wish you weren't nameless though.
Post a Comment