One day, in my home, I plan to have a wall with musical instruments. Paintings of them of course :) The first 3 in the series are here. It could very well happen that these remain the only 3 but one hopes there will be some company for them in the future years.
These are paintings done on marble slabs. When I visited Jaipur last year, just before I left the city, I scouted around for shops selling marble slabs , found one that seemed reliable and got them to ship it to me. The slabs made the long journey from India and survived. However I cannot frame them here as I want an ornate frame so one day, they will make another long journey!
p.s - Any ideas on how to create a website from scratch.I want to try to have my paintings in one place. Suggestions and advice welcome.

8 comments:
//I plan to have a wall with musical instruments.//
???how come??
// Paintings of them of course //
rightu...
neenga oru sinthanai sirpi nu teriyum...ipo nejamavay sirpi aaitel...kalakrel pongo :))
Beautiful. I am sure this is the first triplet of many more triplets to come. Waiting for them.
I was going to inform you about my tagging you in my post. You have already visited my blog. Thanks for keeping an eye on my posts.
If you wouldn't have told about the marble slabs I would not have guessed it , iM just wondering how you paint , I mean with what you paint on them .. But the pictures look lovely :) the shine on them is just too good too pass , you should surely have the website to have all of them in one place together :) .. That ways it will be tge virtual tour , I hope u remeber what I mean :p :p
You are so good R.
U should consider making some more and selling it to people like us who would love to have them on their walls, but cannot get anywhere close to making something like these too ;)
Awesome girl.. Can you please teach me? :)
gils, ho hum thnks much!!! :-))
SG, I need more marble slabs to make more triplets. I hope I can create more. I'd love to do all the musical instruments.
sonal, these are using Fevicryl paints. thank you so much. Gimme ideas for website creation (if u have any).
Swaram, hey I can do that if you are interested but hmmm..getting them shipped to Hyd would be quite a task.
evanescentthoughts, Sure :) I think you are in LA or San Diego right? Maybe I can be a visiting teacher ;-)
OMG!!!!!! You visited Jaipur last year??? Well, I am speechless... :|
Wow -- they are beautiful!
Post a Comment